- Collaborator at the Department of Evolutionary Biology, Ecology and Environmental Sciences. University of Barcelona. - Barcelona, Spain.
Education and positions
- PhD in Biodiversity, University of
Barcelona (2015). Thesis: Formation and alteration models of dental microwear
patterns: dietary and taphonomic factors, and implications on the study
of hominoid primates diet. Supervised by Pérez-Pérez and A
- MSc in Human Biology at the Department of Animal Biology, Anthropology Unit, University of Barcelona (2009). Dissertation: Experimental study of acid erosion and physical abrasion in dental enamel: characterization of taphonomic alterations in dental microwear.
- MPH (specialization in intenational public health and oral health care) at Escuela de Nacional de Sanidad of Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Mardrid, Spain (2007)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery, University of Concepción, Concepción, Chile (2003).
- Physical Anthropology
- Human evolution and human behaviour
- Dental microwear and dietary reconstruction
- Bioarchaeology, Paleopathology and microevolution.
- Teeth morphology and function
- Paleontological fieldwork: season 2011 (Can Llobateres, Sabadell).
- Teeth molding and casting at the Anthropology Unit, University of Barcelona.
- Experience in using SEM and ESEM to analyze dental microwear in the Serveis Cientificotècnics of the University of Barcelona and the Biotechnology Department, University of Alicante.
- Follow my research at Academia.edu
List: Dental microwear, tooth wear, tooth morphology and diet -
Universitat de Barcelona & Universidad de Alicante (Dr. Pérez-Pérez
Department of Evolutionary Biology, Ecology and Environmental Sciences. University of Barcelona. Avinguda Diagonal, 643. 08028 Barcelona. Spain
Email: aliaga13 at gmail.com